Why Don’t I Have Facebook Marketplace? Why Can’t I Access Marketplace?
If you stumbled across this article, it means that you have the same questions in your heart, and you want answers to them, don’t you? All right, never stress too much, as I have decided to provide answers to those questions today.
“Facebook also added a purchasing and selling transaction to the web to make Facebook social networking sites fulfil users’ needs aside from only having friends, and it is called” the Facebook Marketplace.
Like eBay, and Amazon, the Facebook Marketplace built into Facebook allows over 800 million users to purchase, sell, and exchange goods and services with other people in their region every month.
In the marketplace, people may conduct business transactions from far and near. Sellers will pitch up their goods, and sellers can be connected to the prospective buyers, and in the end, the deal is pulled through.
Why Don’t I Have Facebook Marketplace?
Your goods must fulfil the terms and conditions of the marketplace to be a vendor in the marketplace.
Below are flags that will disqualify goods from being sold in the marketplace:
- Abstract item: You cannot sell anything that is not a physical product. For example, “in search of” posts, news, jokes, and lost and found posts are highly prohibited.
- Photos and descriptions that don’t tally: The photos of the item pitched up for sale must tally with the description and title of the item.
- Healthcare: Healthcare-related items aren’t allowed (such as thermometers and first aid kits).
- Services or event tickets: With Facebook’s written permission, you can only sell a service (for example, house cleaning) or event tickets on Marketplace. Learn more about our policies on services and event tickets.
- Before and after pictures: Products for sale on Facebook cannot show a before and after picture (for example, a photo showing skin tone).
- Animals: Selling animals is prohibited on Marketplace or buy and sell groups, including posting about animals for adoption.
Furthermore, you can access the Facebook Marketplace directly or through your mobile app. If you have tried to open the Facebook website or app and the Facebook Marketplace icon is not showing, there are possible causes for that.
Why You Cannot Access the Facebook Marketplace
Here are the reasons why you don’t have the Facebook Marketplace.
1. You’re under 18: Facebook Marketplace is only available to users 18 or over.
2. Your home region isn’t supported: Facebook Marketplace is only available in 50 countries, including the United States, Canada, and Australia. If your home address on your Facebook profile is set to a country that isn’t supported, the Facebook Marketplace icon will not appear.
3. You may be in an unsupported country: Traveling to a country not supported by Facebook Marketplace may also make the option disappear from the Facebook site and apps.
4. The iPod touch isn’t supported. Facebook Marketplace shows on the iOS app on the iPhone and iPad. However, it won’t show up when using an iPod touch.
5. Newly Opened Facebook account: If your Facebook account is new, you will likely not find Facebook Marketplace as it does not appear to new users. This is likely done to prevent spammers from creating new accounts and selling fake products soon after having previous accounts banned from the platform.
6. Dynamic menu. The main icon menu within the Facebook app is dynamic and will display shortcuts to the features you use the most. If you go a while without using Facebook Marketplace, the icon may disappear or be replaced with another one for groups, videos, or some other Facebook feature.
You might also consider How to add Market Place on Facebook.