Facebook Notification Settings: How Do I Turn off Notifications or Turn Them On? Let’s See How in This Tutorial.
Notifications are features that you can turn on or off. It will notify you the moment there is any activity taken on Facebook that involves you. The notifications will be sent to the email address that you registered on your profile. You can’t turn off notifications entirely, but you can adjust how and what you’re notified about. Notifications are updates about the Facebook activity.
Choose What You’re Notified About
What types of notifications does Facebook send?
Desktop and Mobile
- Red Alert Notifications: Notifications that appear above , , and . When you have a new notification, a red bubble will appear with the number of new notifications you’ve received. There are separate notifications for friend requests and messages , and the rest of your notifications will appear over the globe or bell icon. Click these icons at any time to view your notifications.
- Email Notifications: Notifications you receive via email. Learn more about email notifications.
- Push Notifications: Notifications that appear when you’re not actively using Facebook and help you re-engage with your friends. Learn more about mobile and desktop push notifications.
Pop-up Notifications: Notifications that pop up on your screen when you’re logged in to Facebook and a friend interacts with you (example: posts on your timeline). Click the notification to see the story or click X to close the notification.
Text Notifications: Notifications you receive via mobile text messaging (SMS). Learn more about text notifications.
Facebook Notification Settings
How do I turn notifications for Close Friends on or off?
You’ll automatically get notifications when people on your Close Friends list post to Facebook, but you can turn these notifications on or off:
- Click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- Click Notifications in the left column.
- Click On Facebook.
- Next to Close Friends activity, select On or Off.
How do I turn off notifications for an event?
If you want to stop notifications for an event you’re interested in:
To turn off notifications for an event you’ve responded to with Interested, Going or Maybe:
- Go to the event.
- Click in the top right.
- Select Notification Settings.
- Click Off to stop receiving all notifications.
- Click Done.
If you want to stop notifications from an event, you’re not interested in: Decline the invitation when you respond.
If you want to choose what you get notifications about: Learn how to adjust your notification settings.
If you want to adjust your email notifications: Learn how to adjust how often you receive email notifications from Facebook and what you get email notifications about.
How to View Your Facebook Notifications
Facebook sends every notification of activity that involves them directly, such as comments involving or concerning you, group activity liked pages or even tags. And you can only view your Facebook notifications by being an active Facebook user.
Firstly you have to create a Facebook account. To create a Facebook account, visit the official Facebook website at www.facebook.com.
After creating a Facebook account, you will, therefore, have to log in to your Facebook account, open the notifications menu, and select individual notifications or view the entire archive. Follow these steps to view your Facebook notifications regardless of any platform you use, whether mobile or desktop.
- After successfully creating a Facebook account, download and open the Facebook app.
- Log into your account on the Facebook app by entering your email or phone number and password.
- Tap the login tab to continue.
- Tap the globe icon at the top of the Facebook page close to the human icon representing friend requests.
- Your notifications history will show; tap on anyone you would love to view.
- Log in to your Facebook account via your desktops web browser
- Fill in your email address, phone number, and password in the corresponding fields. Click on the log-in to complete the process.
- On your Facebook page, click on the globe icon to open a drop-down list of recent notifications.
- Click see all found at the bottom of the notifications drop-down, and clicking this will bring you to a list of notifications that Facebook has saved for you.
Facebook Notifications Troubleshooting
If maybe you are not getting the notifications you want. Find the settings option at the top of your Facebook homepage. And click on notifications on the top left corner of your Facebook home page.
Here you can access all your notifications. After opening your notifications list, right in the corner of each notification is an ‘x’ icon. Click on it to disable future notifications from that source specifically.
This option is for disabling future notifications from a single source. You should also know that private messages and friend requests will not appear in this general notifications list if that’s what you think.
To view friend requests click on the ‘people’ icon to view a list of friend requests. And to view private messages click on the ‘chat’ box; this also includes Facebook chat.
That’s all on Facebook notifications. I hope this article helps.