Facebook Marketplace Rules – The Facebook marketplace Guide: Facebook Marketplace is a place where people discover, buy and sell items. Facebook allows sellers to list their goods or services on the Marketplace. This allows buyers to be able to reach the items listed in their own location.
People and brands may list items in the different categories as available in the Facebook marketplace. This enables buyers to view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product.
If you are a seller of a buyer in the Facebook marketplace, then you should acquaint yourself with some of the Facebook Marketplace rules. Every item sold on Facebook Marketplace must comply with Facebook rules and regulations.
In this post, you will learn about the Facebook marketplace rules and how to buy or sell safely in the Facebook market.
Facebook Marketplace Rules
1. Non-Physical Items
Non-physical items are not allowed to be sold on the Facebook Marketplace. These items include:
- “in search of” posts,
- lost and found posts
- jokes, and news
2. Sales of Certain items are not allowed.
Facebook outlines certain items that cannot be sold on the Marketplace. These items include:
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives
3. Description Must Match with Photo
Facebook does not allow the sale of item or items that do not match with the description and title of the listing item on the Marketplace. For example, a photo showing weight loss.
How to stay safe on the Facebook Marketplace
1. Protect your privacy: Always protect your privacy. Never share your financial information like PayPal login and password, bank account info, with buyers or sellers. If you’re selling electronics, make sure you’ve cleared any personal information from the device.
2. Meet in a safe location: Choose a public place to meet with the person you want to buy or sell from.
3. Verify the item in person: Verify the item you want to buy and be sure it is what you want before making payment for it. For high-value items (example: watches, luxury bags), you can request a certificate of authenticity or proof of purchase.
4. Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available in Facebook Messenger or PayPal.
5. Watch out for counterfeit items: Review any items before buying to make sure that they’re genuine.
6. Be careful of too good to be true deals: Be careful of deals that seem too good to be true. Scammers may try to use under-priced items to lure buyers into a scam.
That’s all about Facebook Marketplace Rules – The Facebook marketplace Guide. Thank you for reading.